This department exists purposely to conduct Bible studies. Also, organizing Bible quiz competitions is another principal function of this department. It’s the responsibility of the department to ignite in the membership of The Church, the zeal to consistently observe their quiet time daily using The Streams of Living Waters Devotional Guide of The Church of Pentecost. Furthermore, Conducting Bible studies on Sunday Mornings before main Service begins.
SUMMARY OF CORE DUTIES
1. Preparing study materials and training Bible study facilitators for Bible Studies.
2. Conducting Bible studies on Sunday mornings before main service begins.
3. Preparing Contestants for both internal and external Bible quiz competitions
4. Partnering with the Evangelism Committee during both on-campus and off-campus evangelism by enlightening potential participants of Bible texts.
5. Monitoring the distribution of Devotional Guide to members and ensuring that payments are made.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE BIBLE STUDY DEPARTMENT TO THE GROWTH OF PENSA.
A) By encouraging members to use the Church’s Bible Study & Home Cell and Devotional Guide, we shield them from false teachings
B) Encourages the membership of the church to be grounded through the knowledge of the word of God.
C) Ignite in the membership the appetite to consistently observe their daily devotions.
D) As it’s clearly written in Psalm 119:105, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path” As the members come to realize the essence of The Word of God in their lives, it convicts them that The Word is that which will brighten their paths to walk in this dark world.
E) Again, it is the forum through which members can freely share their views and ideas and hence, prepares them for public ministry of the word